Along with registered nurses or therapists, a medical social worker will work with the home health care team to provide:
- Assistance with advance directives
- Evaluation of emotional state and safe living environment
- Long-term care planning (Assisted Living or Nursing Home planning/placement)
- Resource planning for community services such as Meals on Wheels and special transportation services
- Research the availability of Federal, State or Miami-Dade County Grants
RX‘s medical social workers hold Masters Level graduate degrees or are licensed clinical social workers with significant experience in working with patients and families who are in need of counseling and support services. Medicare covers this service ONLY in conjunction with other skilled services being provided in the home.
For more information, please contact Drake Torrado with RX Home Health Services, Inc. at 305-865-2244.