Medicare Home Health Services provided by RX Home Health Services, Inc. are paid 100% by Medicare with no deductible, co-pay and no cap. However, there is a catch. Patients must meet the following guidelines in order to qualify:
1. Your doctor must decide that you need medical care at home and make a plan for this care. You will need a prescription!
2. You must need one or more of the following SKILLED SERVICES included in the prescription:
- Intermittent skilled nursing care (by a Registered Nurse)
- Physical therapy
- Speech-language pathology services (Speech Therapist)
- Continued occupational therapy
3. Homebound: You must be homebound or normally unable to leave home unassisted. To be homebound means that leaving home takes considerable and taxing effort. A person may leave home for medical treatment or short, infrequent absences for non-medical reasons, such as a trip to attend religious services. You can still get home health care if you attend adult day care or if you are going to Out-Patient Radiation or Chemotherapy. If you are currently driving to the store or doctor’s appointment, then you are NOT HOMEBOUND.
Home Health Aide Services are available when you are receiving one or more of the above SKILLED SERVICES (except Occupational Therapy). A Home Health Aide is available to assist you with personal care services such as bathing, dressing, grooming, change bed linen and assistance with other activities of daily living.
Medical Social Work services are available to provide short-term counseling, referrals to and coordination with community resources and assistance with living arrangements, finances, and long-range planning. This service is available if you meet the above criteria.
Registered Dietician Services is not reimbursable under Medicare but we provide such to patients because we believe it is a worthwhile service. This service is especially helpful for patients that are newly diagnosed with Diabetes, Congestive Heart Failure (CHF), high cholesterol, Cancer and many other diseases.
Eligibility is also based on the number of services you need. To be sure, give us a call at 305-865-2244. We will be happy to help you!